Friday, July 3, 2009

labour room oncall

Labour room, a place that i dislike. I had no faith with labour room. Whenever i was posted there, the business will be less. Yet the students around are increasing in size and numbers. As 5th year student are supposed to give way to the 3rd years to conduct and sign up their log books, I became a space occupying lesion blocking all the ways in the labour room. Sometimes I'l need to act like a cleaner, cleaning up the mess, helping the patient to change their clothes. I know we should learn how to prepare the patient for labour by setting up the lines, the CTG, the BP cuff, the partogram, VE and etc, but after doing all of these, we 5th year are unable to conduct the delivery. What the hell is that? Its like cleaning and preparing all the vegetables, awaiting the 3rd years to come and cook the meal. I know we had insufficient of patients but sometimes, it's really frustrating especially when the patient almost delivering the baby, when it's almost your chance to conduct the delivery, the 3rd year came in and they did it. Watching the cooked duck flying away... I don't mind cleaning up the mess, changing their clothes, wraping their blood and faeces, but bare in mind that I'm not allowed to conduct delivery here, it makes me no difference from the ordinary cleaner. Oh God! I'm going to be the cleaner again tonight.

3 comments:

  1. ya, we need CHANGE.... hehe ... so better situation for me when it's my turn to do o n g posting .... depends on u guys lo.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup...please give constructive feedback to help us, hehe...kao ni le~~~~

    ReplyDelete