Saturday, June 26, 2010

grills = zoo?

Today is my 3rd day of tagging in Orthopaedics ward. I could say Ortho ward is quite relaxing, compare to the medical and surgical which my other friends were there. While FKC and I were happily sitting in front of the counter copying our homework, there's a new case in Ward 4. Hence we follow the on call HOs to see the patient.

He's a prisoner, so there'l be a policeman looking after him. Finally I saw the real 'gari'. It's really SHINNY!! I wonder if they polish it everyday. Well, we were attending the case and the room was so so so so so hot! While I was doing pin-prick on him with an orange stick, the officer became shocked! because I was pricking him with something sharp... Well, I think the officer don't want him to sustain any injury and ended up both the officer and I will be on the newspaper for 'injuring' the prisoner.

After finish examining him, we went out and document our findings. Then there's a 'zoo-phenomena' whereby all the visitors stop by the room and start discussing bout the room with grill and the person inside... typical Malaysian which flood the ward by assuming my patient is an animal or alien... Well, what can I do? The officer didn't chase the 'zoo-visitors' away, I cant close the door of the room as it's not ventilated by even a small fan... I wouldn't want both the officer and my patient get suffocated. And the worst thing is, it's visiting time, you can't chase them out from the ward.... respect & dignity...

1 comment: