Sunday, May 17, 2009

Malaysian Emotional Quotient Inventory (MEQI)

Few days back I was forced to take this test. Well, it's always my pleasure to help out others' researches. But, but, this is just too bulky! 184 questions if I'm not mistaken... Oh god, its so so so long-winded. I wonder how true it is. But, i must say, i appreciate the hard work by the ministry involved, as well as the staffs. It would be nice if they allow us to write some feedbacks! Here are my feedbacks:

1. Why is it written in Malay, and intepreted in English?

2. What is the power of this research? How true it is? (well, i couldn't question much as I had not read any literature on EQ)

3. How are you going to intepret the subjective answers? How do you know what i'd written on it? And again, its the language problem, u didnt mention which language to answer in, do you?

4. Why are there few 'java maze' pictures behind there? Are they the questions? If they were, i dont see how it can motivate people. If they aren't, is that the top technology our country has? (well, its from SOME genius i suppose)

5. There were few pictures in the middle, asking me 'tahap keamatan'. Can anybody tell me what 'keamatan' means? I admit my Malay is pretty poor. But, what does a sun mean to you? or a bank (sea shore)? And, what you expect me to write in the blank sheet? To describe the scence? To describe how it motivated me? Or to describe how it inspire or annoy me?

6. The intepretation. I don't really understand the 'table' u provided at the end of the questionnaires. I see what? I do what? And, what should i improved in since i'd answer 184 questions.

I understand somebody must be the pioneer of something funny and new. Well, I don't mind to be pioneer, I believe my batch don't mind as well, since we had been pioneer for quite a tons of times already. Be pioneer, be proud! I think i should compose a song for our batch to praise the good job we'd done meanwhile consoling ourselves! Well done mates! Well done!

1 comment:

  1. 1. i mentioned bout ur feedback no.1 in my blog too.
    2. SSM sure benefits u since u learn so much bout research eg power...
    3. looking forward for ur song. Maybe u can play it at ppd camp or graduation ceremony later. i bet it'll be touching...haha

    ReplyDelete